25 Jul 2016-17 HEART SMART SCREENING DATES
Our dates have been confirmed for the upcoming school year.
We’re pleased to kick off our eighth year of providing EKG-based cardiac screening program on Aug. 29, 2016 at Lake Forest High School. All participants will receive an EKG and some selected by the cardiologists will also receive a free echocardiogram during screening.
The Foundation will offer heart checks to students at ten high schools during the 2016-17 school year, with the potential of reaching 15,000 students. The program’s mission is to identify students who are at risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD) before they are stricken so they can obtain treatment.
If you have a student at one of these schools, please take a few minutes to get them registered online. An EKG is quick, easy and painless and it could save your child’s life!
2016 Screens for Teens testing dates:
- Aug 17, 2016 – Lake Forest Academy (limited to not previously tested students)
- Aug 29, 2016 – Lake Forest HS, Register Now
- Sep 17, 2016 – Bulls/Sox Academy (Invitation only)
- Sep 14, 2016 – Lakes Community HS, Register Now
- Sep 21, 2016 – Mundelein HS, Register Now
- TBD – New Trier HS (Grade 9 only), Register Now
- Oct 26, 2016 to Oct 27, 2016 – Glenbrook South HS, Register Now
- Nov 02, 2016 to Nov 03, 2016 – Glenbrook North HS, Register Now
- Nov 16, 2016 – Deerfield HS, Register Now
- Dec 07, 2016 – North Chicago HS, Register Now
- Mar 22, 2017 – Libertyville HS